The Kidde i12060A is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Model: i12060A
- Power Source: 120VAC (80mA), 60HZ, 9V battery backup
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40˚F to 100˚F (4˚C to38˚C)
- Humidity Range: 5%-95% relative humidity (RH)
- Sensor: Ionization
- Size: 5” in diameter x 1.75” depth
- Weight: .5lbs
- Interconnects: Up to 24 Kidde devices
- LED: Green, receiving AC power, Red, 4 modes of operation
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket.
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
- Front battery door makes replacing the battery easy for anyone.
- One button design for easy operation and less confusion.
- Operates Hush™ and alarm test.
- Battery run down protection will shut down alarm memory when AC power is not present, reducing low battery chirp.
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft.
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure.
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.