The Kidde i4618 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Model: i4618
- Power Source: 120VAC (80mA Max)
- Sensor: Ionization
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40°F (4.4°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
- Humidity Range: Up to 85% relative humidity (RH)
- Size: 5.6 in diameter x 1.8 in depth
- Weight: 5lbs
- Interconnects: Up to 24 Kidde devices
- LED: Green, receiving ac power,Red, 4 modes of operation
- Provides a Hush™ feature to quickly silence nuisance alarms
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.